Make a lantern for Chinese New Year
- Colored paper (construction paper or gift wrapping)
- Glue, tape, or a stapler
- Fold a rectangular piece of paper in half, making a long, thin rectangle.
- Make a series of cuts (about a dozen or more) along the fold line. Don’t cut all the way to the edge of the paper.
- Unfold the paper. Glue or staple the short edges of the paper together.
- Cut a strip of paper 6 inches long and 1/2 inch wide. Glue or staple this strip of paper across one end of the lantern – this will be the handle of the lantern.
Hack your lantern! What could be done to improve or modify your lantern? Make it more interesting? LEDs? Markers for design? Additional creative paper crafting? More lanterns on a string?